Customers' satisfaction is the best gift for us. We would like to try our best to provide you with the best products and service. So we welcome any question or suggestion. We promise to our customers that we will deal with emails within 24 hours after receiving them. Free trial customers are also welcome to enjoy our effective One Business Day Email Service! Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Here I would like to list some frequently asked questions from our customers; hopefully, this would be helpful to you. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please feel free to contact our support team. We'll try our best to solve your problem within 24 hours (working day from Monday to Friday, 9AM to 6PM, GMT +8).
When you write to us, please provide us as much detailed information as possible, such as your order ID or your license info (if you have purchased our software), version and build, the OS of your computer, detailed description of the problem you encountered. Some screenshots about the issues are preferred.
- Q1: Is my order secure?
- A: RegNow (who is the e-commerce partner of us) has an order process that is protected via a secure connection so that the data sent to the recipient can only be read by the recipient. Important information such as credit card numbers, addresses, etc. is sent to the recipient securely via the Internet.
- Q2: How soon will I get the product after I place order online?
- A: You will receive a confirmation for your transaction immediately after you place your order online. You will also receive a confirmation by email that will contain all of your order data including your invoice or receipt.
An order request will also be sent to our database by email. (This will take hours or more to process by RegNow). As soon as we receive the order request, the ultimate confirmation will be sent to you via email containing the link of the downloadable 'exe' file and the Registration Code for installation.
- Q3: What's your Upgrade Policy?
- A: Being a registered user of our software, you are entitled to a free copy of any minor updates to this product. For example, if you have purchased version 1.0 of the product, you will get all the further 1.x versions free.
In addition, once a major revision of the software you have previously purchased is released, you'll probably need to pay an upgrade fee if you want to take advantage of this major update, since it may be combined with a significant amount of improvements and new features.
- Q4: What's your Refund Policy?
- A: A 'try-before-buy' version lets you make the best purchase decision and make sure that the product is compatible with your computer system and meets all of your specific requirements. We also encourage you to explore the product web pages to obtain comprehensive product information before purchasing the full version.
Before you purchase a product, please choose carefully and make sure you buy the right program. Due that a downloaded program and its registration code cannot be taken back; we do not refund your order or change your product simply because you have made a wrong selection.
- Q1: I lost my registration code or I didn't receive it after purchase, what should I do?
- A: If you lost your registration code or you did not receive the code after purchase, you can get it via our online registration code retrieval system by submitting your licensed e-mail address or order number. Please note that only the orders processed by SWREG and RegNow can be found in our system.
- Q2: What shall I do, if the registration code is invalid?
- A: There are several reasons why the code is invalid. Please check the following situations.
a. Wrong spelling of your licensed e-mail address or registration code.
The e-mail address and registration code are case sensitive. Please copy them from your registration e-mail and paste them into the proper text boxes in the registration window.
b. The registration code doesn't match the version.
Please note that we upgrade our products very frequently, and sometimes you need a new registration code to register the upgraded version, even the upgrade is free. If your former registration code does not work with the free upgrade, you can get a new one on our Support Center.
We suggest you download the upgrade version from the link with which we provide the registration code. If the upgrade is not free, you have to place a new order for it. And you will receive a new registration e-mail. To view the version of the software installed on your computer, select About on the Help menu, and you can see the version number in the pop-up window.
- Q3: What if I want to use the program on another computer but I bought a single license?
- A: If you want to use the program on a new computer, please uninstall it from the old computer first, and then install it on the new computer. If you lost the registration information, please retrieve it on our Support Center or contact us with your order number or e-mail address which you used to place the order. We will re-send the registration information to you. And then you can use the program on the new computer.
- Q1: Do you provide technical support for trial users?
- A: Yes, if a trial user meets any technical problem when using our product, please submit your question via our online form, and we will assign an account to you to sign in our Member Zone. Our support team will answer your question there and send the solution to your e-mail address at the same time. In order to receive our support properly, we suggest you track the problem in our Member Zone.
- Q2: What is the difference between the trial version and the registered version?
- A: The trial version is an important part of our business mode. This kind of version can help customers have a clear idea of the program before they place an order to buy it.
We provide trial versions with different restrictions on different products. Most trial versions have the full functions as the registered ones, except that there may be a watermark on the output videos or you are limited to use the software for a certain period or for certain times. After you register the software, the restrictions or limitations will be removed.
- Q3: How to update my program to the latest version?
- A: There are some ways to upgrade your program.
a. Our program can check for updates regularly. If there is an update, an update dialog box will appear when you start the program, and then you can click Update or the download link to download the latest version.
You need to remove the former version and install the latest. If you cannot register the new version with your former registration code, you may need a new one. You can get it on our Support Center with your licensed e-mail address or order number.
If the program does not check for updates automatically, you can click Check for Updates or Update on the Help menu.
b. We will notify you of the major upgrade via newsletter. If the upgrade is free, you can download it from the link on the newsletter and get a new registration code on our Support Center.
- Q1: How to transfer files to my iPhone/iPod/iPad with iTunes?
- A: You have to save the converted files on your computer at first, and then transfer the files to your iPhone/iPod/iPad via iTunes. Here below are some tips on how to use iTunes:
1. Connect your iPhone/iPod/iPad to the computer and launch iTunes. (If you have not one, please download it from the apple official website http://www.apple.com/downloads/)
2. Click My iPhone/iPod/iPad under the devices, and select the Manually Manage Music and Videos option in the summary window.
3. Click File menu and select Add File to Library option to locate your mp3 or mp4 files, then the added files will be automatically classified in the music or films category under LIBRARY.
4. Click music or film under LIBRARY, drag the music and film to My iPhone/iPod/iPad. And then click music or film under My iPhone/iPod/iPad, you will see the file in the right list.
- Q2: How to speed up conversion?
- A: There are quite a few factors influencing the duration of conversion:
1. The length and size of the original file
2. Settings for outputs
3. Computer configuration, etc.
And there are some tips that may be helpful for speeding up conversion:
1. Hide the preview when converting.
2. Do not make other operations on the computer when converting. When converting, there is large amount of data processed, consuming intensive resource like CPU and system memory. So it would be much better not to other programs so that the resource won't be distributed.
3. Make the source file and output file on local hard disk. If the video you want to convert is on your camera or other device, and you want to put the output video onto your portable media player, please copy the source file to your computer first, and set the output directory on your computer, too, not directly on your media device. After conversion, you can copy the output video to the device.
4. The higher parameter the source video has, resolution, frame rate, etc. the longer it takes to convert it.
- Q3: How to load DVD folder, ISO files and IFO files, and what is the difference between Load DVD Folder and Load IFO Files?
- A: There are two methods available to load DVD folder, ISO files and IFO files:
1. Click the arrow on the right of the Load DVD button and select Load DVD Folder, Load ISO Files or Load IFO Files to load the files into the program from your hard drive or disc;
2. Click the File menu and select the corresponding command to load files into the program from your hard drive or disc.
When you select Load DVD Folder, it will open the whole DVD folder, usually we select the VIDEO_TS folder. All files in this folder including trailers or commercials will be loaded into the program. If you select Load IFO Files, you can choose one IFO file to load. We suggest you choose the biggest IFO file, which contains the main movie, to convert and you can save much time without converting unnecessary parts.
Tip: To better locate the biggest IFO file, you can open the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD, and drag the IFO file with biggest size into the program.
- Q4: How to crop the video?
- A: Select the video and click the Edit button. In the Video Edit window, on the Crop tab, you can crop the video in three methods.
• Select aspect ratio
You can select an output aspect ratio from the Zoom drop-down list. There are six choices available: Keep original, Full screen, 16:9, 4:3, Letter box and Pan & Scan.
• Drag cropping frame
Move your mouse pointer onto one of the eight small adjustment boxes on the cropping frame (the dashed line) and drag the crop frame to crop the video. The cropped video appears in the Output Preview window at the same time.
• Set the values
Type or select values in the Left, Top and Cropped Area Size boxes, and the position and size of the cropping frame will be changed according to the values you set.
Note: The defaulted maximum values of width and height are the resolution of the source file.